|About Rakuten Mobile
|Rakuten is one of the leading Tech companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company. Rakuten started its own MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) Service in 2014 and, since then, Rakuten Mobile has become the No.1 MVNO in Japan.
Rakuten Mobile, Inc. is building the world first End-to-End virtualized mobile network (for 4G and 5G) that no one has seen before. With this our next target is to become the 4th Mobile Network Operator in Japan!
|Rakuten Mobile is a startup with a flat, non-bureaucratic and hands-on culture. We are a truly global organization, with team members from Japan, India, USA, Canada, Brazil, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Pakistan, China, South Korea, Australia, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, and more, working in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.
We are looking for innovative people who are ready to take new challenges and work on cutting edge technology to build the Telco of the Future.
|Responsibilities & Duties
|As a Governance, Standards, Compliance & Risk Section member, you will be responsible for increasingawareness of overall business risk in governance and compliance throughout the organization by disseminating information and the creation, training, and enforcement of rules related to network security, as a mobile communication service provider. This comprises all aspects of enterprise IT security, certification, governance as well as risk management. In this way you will be ensuring an information security baseline for the Rakuten Mobile as a whole, as well as, take part in developing and enhancing the vision of Rakuten Mobile’s corporate security while making it a reality.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Knowledge on handling risks that must be observed in the mobile communications business, including laws and government guidelines;
- Organizing and maintaining risks related to information handling that can be assumed as a mobile communication service provider;
- Conducting risk assessments on a regular basis for the Rakuten Mobile network as well as identifying opportunities to accept, mitigate, and transfer risk;
- Summarizing the attributes and contents of data related to customers held by Rakuten Mobile and discussing countermeasures with experts;
- Upholding and enforcing appropriate handling of information within the company; indicators are set after discussing the feasibility of each area, monitoring the response status and urging improvement to low-performance departments;
- Creating rules and guidance on information handling and making them known throughout the company;
- Thorough security awareness of the entire organization through training.
|Skills & Experience Required
|Mandatory Experience & Skills:
- 10+ years of experience in IT Audit, Information Security, IT Risk & Compliance, IT QA or IT Governance;
- Proven experience in relevant professional work experience in Information Security and Technology risk;
- Understanding of the issues, concepts and legal/technical requirements of regulations as well as a general understanding of the principles of information security;
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to quality;
- Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple, often conflicting priorities to successful completion.
- Always operates with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and fidelity, acting in the best interest of the business always;
- Strong capability for up-skilling and re-skilling, with a curious mind and desire to constantly learn and grow;
- Proven leadership skills, with experience in guiding team members to achieve objectives.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience with Security compliance programs, standards and regulations including ISO 27000 / ISMS, J-SOX, GDPR, PCI-DSS, GSMA security assurance;
- Experience with Governance (including data governance), Risk, and Compliance methodologies, tools and enablers;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Resilient and approachable with the ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
- Ability to operate as a team player, with a flexible and positive attitude;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable and effective working in a team environment.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information System or any equivalent degree/experiences;
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in English.
Verbal and written communication in Japanese preferred.
- Manager of the Section
- Senior expert with in-depth knowledge of information security