|About Rakuten Mobile
|Rakuten is one of the leading Tech companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company. Rakuten started its own MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) Service in 2014 and, since then, Rakuten Mobile has become the No.1 MVNO in Japan.
Rakuten Mobile, Inc. is building the world first End-to-End virtualized mobile network (for 4G and 5G) that no one has seen before. With this our next target is to become the 4th Mobile Network Operator in Japan!
|Rakuten Mobile is a startup with a flat, non-bureaucratic and hands-on culture. We are a truly global organization, with team members from Japan, India, USA, Canada, Brazil, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Pakistan, China, South Korea, Australia, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, and more, working in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.
We are looking for innovative people who are ready to take new challenges and work on cutting edge technology to build the Telco of the Future.
|Responsibilities & Duties
|Continuous health and compliance checks of enterprise and network security play an essential role in running a reliable mobile network. For this reason, our security assurance group is in-charge of performing regular black-box tests on all network functions and devices, conducting in-depth penetration tests as well as keeping up with recent weaknesses and vulnerabilities. This team is also responsible of verifying software security for any source code developed by Rakuten Mobile, security testing of Apps and security testing of Rakuten Mobile devices.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Performing vulnerability assessment, penetration testing, software analysis, as well as network audits for the services provided by Rakuten Mobile to be secure;
- Testing various network components and recommending improvements as necessary;
- Verification in accordance with security indicators, and creating an execution plan for test schedules, resources, etc;
- Checking if network security tests are progressing as planned, and promoting activities in collaboration with other teams to manage and resolve issues that arise;
- Increasing the transparency of information handled within the team, and building a environment that enable cross-functional activities across teams;
- Monitoring and reporting the status of testing related to network security, and always maintaining appropriate actions.
|Skills & Experience Required
|Mandatory Experience & Skills:
- 5 years’ experience in information security operations and/or related security functions;
- Demonstrated ability to solve and prioritize problems by identifying vulnerabilities and their associated exploit vectors;
- Conducting vulnerability assessments and penetration testing (application and/or infrastructure) and articulating security issues to technical and non-technical audience;
- Identifying, researching, validating, and exploiting various different known and unknown security vulnerabilities on server and client side;
- Knowledge of the theories, concepts, principles, and practices of information technology auditing, including general and application controls;
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and committed to quality;
- Always operates with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and fidelity, acting in the best interest of the business always;
- Strong capability for up-skilling and re-skilling, with a curious mind and desire to constantly learn and grow;
- Proven leadership skills, with experience in guiding team members to achieve objectives.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Resilient and approachable with the ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
- Demonstrate the ability to solve and prioritize problems by identifying vulnerabilities and their associated exploit vectors;
- Experience working with IT infrastructure including critical networks and systems supporting a geographically and technically dispersed environment;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to operate as a team player, with a flexible and positive attitude;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable and effective working in a team environment.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information System or any equivalent degree/experiences;
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in English and Japanese.
- Manager of the Section;
- Senior expert in penetration testing of mobile network, vulnerability assessment and testing;
- Senior expert in software analysis