|About Rakuten Mobile|
|Rakuten is one of the leading Tech companies in the world. Our mission is to empower people and society through the internet while aiming at becoming the Global Innovation Company. Rakuten started its own MVNO (Mobile Virtual Network Operator) Service in 2014 and, since then, Rakuten Mobile has become the No.1 MVNO in Japan.|
Rakuten Mobile, Inc. is building the world first End-to-End virtualized mobile network (for 4G and 5G) that no one has seen before. With this our next target is to become the 4th Mobile Network Operator in Japan!
|Rakuten Mobile is a startup with a flat, non-bureaucratic and hands-on culture. We are a truly global organization, with team members from Japan, India, USA, Canada, Brazil, France, Germany, The Netherlands, Pakistan, China, South Korea, Australia, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, and more, working in a fast-paced, innovative and agile environment.|
We are looking for innovative people who are ready to take new challenges and work on cutting edge technology to build the Telco of the Future.
|Responsibilities & Duties |
|Our multi-tenant Security Operations Center is at the heart of ensuring the security and reliability of Rakuten Mobile’s network around the clock. As part of this crucial team, you will be monitoring all assets of our virtual infrastructure, handle security incidents and alert relevant stakeholders. As Rakuten Mobile is looking for passionate and proactive security professionals, you will be involved in the design of processes and best practices for network operations. For the systems and tools required to make our SOC excel, its members will also participate in the selection of vendors|
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Identifying, monitoring and responding to events and incidents that occur in the network;
- Investigating and analyzing network threats, and performing root-cause analysis of incidents that occur in the network;
- Fine tuning the monitoring system to ensure false positives are filtered out and managing the process from security incident capture to resolution;
- Optimizing and automating processes to ensure efficiency in monitoring the network;
- Operations of the SOC tools like SIEM, SOAR and cybersecurity related tools including Firewall, IPS, Email gateway etc
- Collaborating with the operations team and summarizing requirements for tools that support incident detection and resolution with the engineering team;
- Managing the progress of building incident response tools, handling process of incident triage and resolving any issues with the cooperation of relevant departments;
- Involving the members of related departments when an incident occurs and promptly responding to the problem.
|Skills & Experience Required |
|Mandatory Experience & Skills:|
- More than 5 years’ experience in Security Operations Role such as incident management and operations;
- Proven experience in analysing security exposures and implementing cost effective passive, reactive, and proactive programs to address these exposures;
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as security operations center (SOC), cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, risk management, incident management;
- Very detailed oriented person;
- Self-motivated and committed to quality;
- Always operates with the highest levels of honesty, integrity and fidelity, acting in the best interest of the business always;
- Strong capability for up-skilling and re-skilling, with a curious mind and desire to constantly learn and grow;
- Proven leadership skills, with experience in guiding team members to achieve objectives.
Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience in designing and building security operations centers;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Resilient and approachable with the ability to work successfully in a dynamic, fast paced environment;
- Ability to operate as a team player, with a flexible and positive attitude;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable and effective working in a team environment.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information System or any equivalent degree/experiences;
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in English.
Verbal and written communication in Japanese preferred.
|Current Openings |
- Head of security operations center;
- Incident management experts;
- Operations person